Great Hallingbury Manor Hotel
Nestled in the beautiful village of Great Hallingbury, this classic Tudor-style manor is exactly a stone's throw from Bishop's Stortford and a good 5-minute drive from Stansted Airport. Despite the first-rate serene location, Great Hallingbury Manor manages to avoid the sterility of most airport hotels, nearby you with lush green village, fascination and character. The guesthouse is currently undertaking a one million pound renovation, and now offers cozy lodging in luxurious suites and excellent food in Anton's restaurant and Champagne Barn, headed by world-renowned cook Anton Edelmann.
Just moments away from the M11, A10 and Stansted Airport, Great Hallingbury Manor has a good peaceful location both for work and recreation tourists. Just a short auto or train trip will bring you to Harlow, Cambridge or central London.
- If you're searching for an superb spot to celebrate that milestone birthday, a christening or any other special reason, Great Hallingbury Manor's lake panorama restaurant is the best spot to party.
- Administrative and world-renowned cook Anton Edelmann has made a range of particular menus for banquets or buffets.
- The hotel's resident DJ will create the right ambiance to suit your festival and your visitors able to be sure to have a magnificent time.
- Celebrated Hallingbury Manor is also a superior peaceful location for people travelling on business and conference conferences.
- The Oak Room able to hold 40 persons (theatre-style) or 25 (board-room style).
- Extremely extensive meeting facilities able to be arranged, with privately-owned transfer whether required, just down the highway at a unique meeting center.
- two privately-owned suites for smaller conferences are also accessible.
- All standard work meeting needs able to be arranged on demand.
- In this era, caring approximately our environment is a tremendously indispensable part of life.
- With that in mind, Great Hallingbury Manor is glad to play its eco-friendly part in each current aspect and future development on the premises.
- The Manor will be installing air-source heating technology, which harnesses the nearby air and, using a split system heat pump, converts it to heat.
- At optimum levels, air-source heating able to deliver up to 3 times more energy than it consumes.
- Water usage will also be reduced through aqua-recycling.
- And, surely, environmentally welcoming products will be used in suites, restaurants and kitchens in the whole hotel..
All rooms in the hotel have been recently renovated and purposed to propose an unspoiled getaway for romantic couples and a calm respite for people travelling on business looking to elude the sterile world of corporate travel. All apartments feature wide cosy beds, pretty vistas of the premises and encompassing district. Every room is en room, has a tv and properties tea/coffee making service. Double, single and twin suites are accessible. Please take into account that all suites are non-smoking. With absolutely new buildings and supplementary wings, Great Hallingbury Manor will be glad to propose 32 of the best suites attainable in the region by autumn 2008.
Food & beverage
- Anton's Restaurant and Champagne Barn able to be found in the gorgeous grounds of Great Hallingbury Manor Hotel facing the lake and swan sanctuary.
- Famous Chef, Anton Edelmann, has opened his doors to the social, to delight taste buds with his brand new and thrilling notion in food - the culmination of a lot of years experience.
- "Our goal is to give sumptuous food, using only the extremely best local ingredients, in an luxurious, yet warm atmosphere.
- We provide a special state dining experience and first-class value for money".
- Anton's is open for lunch, snack and dinner.
- Please take into consideration that the restaurant does not currently propose food on a Sunday evening.
- A full English breakfast is catered from 07: 00 - 09:30, and a nutritious breakfas is obtainable for those leaving early..
Halfway between London and Cambridge, Great Hallingbury is close to the historic cities of Saffron Walden, Thaxted and Great Dunmow, this area is recognised as a pastoral jewel. With first-class links with the nation's capital to the south and the historic uni town of Cambridge to the North, Uttlesford is a pleasing base both for work and recreation clients.
By Car: From the M25 Motorway: - Join the M11 Motorway. - Exit at Junction 8, signposted towards Stansted Airport/Bishop`s Stortford. - At the roundabout, take the fifth exit onto Dunmow Road - B1256, signposted to Takeley. - Turn almost immediately directly at the Esso Petrol Station, which will take you into TileKiln Road, signposted Great and Little Hallingbury. - Proceed under the bridge at the sharp left-hand bend. - Continue for approximately another 500 yards. - Great Hallingbury Manor is on your left. From Cambridge: - Take the M11 southbound. - Exit at fusion 8. - Then, as above. From the Airport Terminal: - Proceed from the major terminal building out onto the major access highway towards the M11 combination, signposted London. - At Bressingbourn roundabout, take the 2nd exit. - Merge onto the A120, signposted London. - Branch left, then, at Priory Wood Roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A120, signposted Bishops Stortford, Cambridge. - At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Dunmow Road - B1256, signposted for Takeley. - Then, as above.
Nestled in the beautiful village of Great Hallingbury, this classic Tudor-style manor is exactly a stone's throw from Bishop's Stortford and a good 5-minute drive from Stansted Airport. Despite the first-rate serene location, Great Hallingbury Manor manages to avoid the sterility of most airport hotels, nearby you with lush green village, fascination and character. The guesthouse is currently undertaking a one million pound renovation, and now offers cozy lodging in luxurious suites and excellent food in Anton's restaurant and Champagne Barn, headed by world-renowned cook Anton Edelmann. Just moments away from the M11, A10 and Stansted Airport, Great Hallingbury Manor has a good peaceful location both for work and recreation tourists. Just a short auto or train trip will bring you to Harlow, Cambridge or central London.
Group Bookings: The hotel does accept group bookings but please take into account that full payment will be required at time of booking.
Cancellation Policy: If cancelled up to 1 day before the date of arrival, no fee will be charged. Whether cancelled later or in case of no-show, the 1st night will be charged. Kids and Extra Bed Policy: All kids are welcome. All kids under 12 years staying free when using existing bedding. All kids under two years staying free for cots. All older kids or groun-ups are charged GBP 30. 00 per night and individual for additional beds. Maximum holding capacity of supplementary beds in a suite is two. Maximum holding capacity of babycots in a suite is 1. Deposit Policy: No deposit will be charged. Vat and city/tourist taxes: VAT is included. Amenities charge is included. City/tourist tax is included. Internet connection: Wired internet connection is obtainable in the guesthouse apartments and is free. Meal Plan: Continental breakfast is not included and costs GBP 9. 50 for a person. Full English breakfast is not included and costs GBP 14. 50 for a person. Breakfast is not included and costs GBP 14. 50 for a person. Car park: Free social car park is obtainable on place. Pets: Pets are allowed on demand. Charges may be applicable. The inn reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
- Pets Allowed
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Rooms/Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Free Parking
- Safety Deposit Box
- Luggage Storage
- Gay Friendly
- Room Service
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Dry Cleaning
- Breakfast in the Room
- Bridal Suite
- Internet Services
- Currency Exchange
- Packed Lunches
- Car Rental