The Clarendon Hotel
The Clarendon Hotel is located right on Morecambe Promenade with wonderful
sweeping vistas over Morecambe Bay towards the Lake District Mountains.
- The Clarendon Hotel makes an attractive base for exploration the splendid and varied regions nearby Morecambe Bay.
- To the North are the vivid lakes and fells of the Lake District, whilst Grange-over-Sands, Cartmel and the quieter, but equally lively, Western Lakes and beach are just around the gulf.
- To the East lies the distinguished Yorkshire Dales, the peacefull Lune Valley and The Forest of Bowland (not a wood at all but a wild, upland, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty..
All 29 bedrooms, of which 11 brag a romantic vista across grand Morecambe Bay, are of a high standard.
Food & beverage
- Our restaurant has a good local image and is open for breakfast and dinner.
- A conventional 3-course Sunday snack proposes admirable value for money, however booking is advisable.
- Meals able to be taken in our restaurant, or for more unofficial dining, the same carte menu is obtainable in our hall brasserie.
- Visit the Davy Jones Locker for a conventional pub ambience.
- Located in the basement of the guesthouse, the Davy Jones Locker properties cask conditioned beer, Sky TV, pool tables, darts and regular quiz nights..
Morecambe Bay is leading for its 'Cross Bay Walks'. The prize winning ‘Tern Project’ has been based on Morecambe Bay’s wildlife. This consists of the Stone Jetty which comrises from particularly commissioned sculpture and artwork. Just mins away, and in his characteristic comic pose, is a tribute to the city's most popular comedian - Eric Morecambe. Eric Morecambe brings inimitable sunshine to millions of customers. His life is directly one of the themes for regular history strolls. Cheerful Mount Park is good for all ages with an inner play district, absolutely new Aqua Park, trampolines, swing boats, miniature hole golf, Japanese terraces and seasonal occasions. Further all-weather places of interest are the popular markets, the Apollo theatre, Super Bowl and a laser quest.
By Car: - Leave the highway at Junction 34, (M6). - Follow the signs for Morecambe till you arrive to a comprehensive roundabout with a pub/restaurant called the Toby Pub and Carvery, on the corner. - Take the 1st exit onto Westgate; staying on that highway till you reach the seafront. - Turn directly at the traffic lights; then take the third highway on your right. Then take the firsthand left and you'll arrive at our car parking. By Train: There are regular connecting trains to Morecambe from Lancaster. This trip will take about 10 min. From Morecambe railway station, go direct towards the walk and turn left immediately after the Super bowl.
The Clarendon Hotel is located right on Morecambe Promenade with wonderful sweeping vistas over Morecambe Bay towards the Lake District Mountains.
Cancellation Policy: If cancelled up to 1 day before the date of arrival, no fee will be charged. Whether cancelled later or in case of no-show, the 1st night will be charged. Kids and Extra Bed Policy: All kids are welcome. All kids under two years staying free when using existing bedding. All kids under two years staying free for cots. Maximum holding capacity of supplementary beds/babycots in a suite is 1. Deposit Policy: No deposit will be charged. Vat and city/tourist taxes: VAT is included. Facilities charge is included. City/tourist tax is not applicable. Internet connection: Wireless internet connection is obtainable in complete hotel and costs GBP three. 00 per hour. Meal Plan: Full English breakfast is included in the suite rate. Car park: Free private car park is obtainable on spot. Pets: Pets are allowed on demand. No supplementary charges. The guesthouse reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
- Pets Allowed
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Free Parking
- Room Service
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Dry Cleaning
- Internet Services
- Packed Lunches
- Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN